May 24, 2010

Solitude Monday.


"Spending time with oneself leads to a feeling of autonomy, being free to make decisions and articulate thoughts without the cognitive noise of others doing the thinking for you. Creativity is a daughter of solitude; artists and scholars have championed alone time as a mean to producing works and inventions of great value." - One By One, Imagine The Silence



I spent my slow-paced Monday in Greenbelt by myself. I had my haircut (to remove my tram lines) in Piandre, bought a new bag in Bratpack, bought some school materials in Fully Booked, and enjoyed a cup of iced caramel macchiato in Starbucks. 







1) Imagine The Silence - I was finally able to buy the fourth issue of Imagine magazine. Besides Garage, Imagine is the only other periodical that I buy and collect.
2) Iced Caramel Macchiato - My closest friends know that this is my favorite caffeinated drink in Starbucks. It's low in calorie content too!
3) Bratpack - I decided to buy a backpack for college because when using messenger bags, the weight inside are being carried by only one side of the body and there's a tendency of it causing discomfort and affecting your posture. At least backpacks can distribute the weight evenly. Okay, I'm starting to talk nerdy here, haha!


It really pays to spend some time in solitude, doing things you want to do companionless. Karl Duque, now I understand why you are fond of spending time with yourself every Friday.
All photographs are taken by my iPhone.  

1 comment: