May 18, 2011

What Happens Before A Fashion Show.

The Oxygen x Status PFW Correspondent Experience (Part Two)

After my fellow correspondent, Agnes Elia, and I selected our ensembles, we immediately went to SMX Convention Center to take a first glimpse of the preparation being done for the night’s fashion show. We were greeted by the models’ rehearsals. Ford Supermodel of the World Danica Magpantay, former America’s Next Top Model contestant Claire Unabia, and supermodel Pauline Prieto were some of the prominent faces that were practicing on the glossy red runway of Oxygen. While watching them, we got to talk to their very affable and down-to-earth brand director Jeffrey Bascon who surprised me when he mentioned that he was a fellow alumnus of La Salle Green Hills and that simple fact changed my whole impression to this very creative man behind the brand. Hearing his high school stories made me smile because I was able to relate to him in a lot of ways. I really look up to him and he taught me that success comes to those who work hard for it. After our short interview with Jeff, we went backstage to have our hair and make-up done and to see at first hand the Fall/Winter collection of Oxygen. There were three parts in their latest collection: concrete tailoring, contrast panels, and free-form knits. Seeing the clothes in detail before they got presented on the runway was a privilege only a few could get, and I was lucky enough to be one of them. I fell in love with the contrast panel shirts and blazers and I will definitely buy them as soon as they get released in their stores this August! 


Here are some photos from my PFW buddy, Vern Enciso, of A Shoe Tale:

No comments:

Post a Comment